Maybe the MTA actually has a heart?
They actually voted to keep the base fare for buses and subways at $2.75 however, unlimited and express unlimited will see an increase and the bonus will be significantly less.
Effective this March 19th:
- 7 day weekly unlimited is going from $31 to $32
- 30 day monthly unlimited is going from $116.50 to $121
- 7 day express bus plus metrocard from $57.25 to $59.50
- Access a Ride will remain the same at $2.75
- Purchasing a new card will still cost you just $1.
- Bonus of 11% with a $5.50 purchase will drop more than half to 5%.
The MTA seriously needs to look into increasing revenue from advertising spaces and get creative on how they go about it.
I’d rather see a train shrink-wrapped in an ad than having to shell out more for a fare.
Thoughts? Comments? We good?
Powered by Facebook Comments