Many of you already know that Boricua Village, once completed will be a major anchor and cornerstone of Melrose with the 14 story verticle campus of Boricua College and over 700 residences of low income affordable housing as well as affordable housing for middle income families.
The developer, Atlantic Development Group, has released more details, including artist renderings on the middle income units of Boricua Village and is now accepting applications to those who qualify (see instructions for filling out the application.)
The Residences at Northrose, as the 4 buildings containing 393 middle income units within Boricua Village are called, are truly one of the most luxurious residences being built in Melrose and The Bronx as a whole. Rents range from $838 for a studio (with a minimum income requirement of $28,731 and a preferred maximum income of $53,800 and a max allowed income of $69,940) to $1,572 for a 3 bedroom deluxe unit (with a minimum income requirement of $76, 801, preferred max income of $84,480 and a max income of $99,840 – based on a four person house hold. 6 person household max allowed income is $115,830).
Some of the amenities offered at The Residences at Northrose when completed will include:
- A residents’ lounge with free access to Wi-Fi
- 70,000 square feet of outdoor space plus a state-of-the-art playground for kids
- An on-site gym that will be for the exclusive use of residents including a separate yoga, Pilates and dance studio
- A screening room where you can lounge on couches while watching movies amongst residents and friends
- A Game Room including pinball machines and billiards
- For the kids a Play room
is provided which can even be used to host parties
- A Learning Center for children and adults, with Wi-Fi access and desks for quiet study.