One of the most highly-anticipated affordable housing developments in New York City is now accepting applications for 432 brand-new apartments.
Located at 575 Exterior Street right along the Harlem River Waterfront, this is the first phase of Bronx Point that is nearing completion and includes 540 permanently affordable apartments of which 432 are available in the current housing lottery.
Monthly rents at Bronx Point start as low as $465 for studios, $591 for one-bedroom units, $700 for two-bedroom units, and $800 for three-bedroom apartments for incomes ranging from $18,815 to $49,650 depending on household size.
Besides being located above the future home of America’s first hip hop museum, the Universal Hip Hop Museum (UHHM) and located right along the Harlem River Waterfront at Mill Pond Park, Bronx Point offers many amenities like a 24-hour attended lobby, an outdoor terrace, a gym, bike room, outdoor spaces, a community center, shared laundry room, and even a children’s playroom and educational facilities. Oh and the entire building is a designated smoke-free environment.
Speaking of Mill Pond Park, it would be remiss of us not to mention that this development is being constructed on stolen parkland that was once dedicated for Mill Pond Park’s expansion. At the very least, however, the developer, L+M Development, is constructing the publicly accessible waterfront extension of the park at the development site.
The waterfront promenade will eventually be part of the proposed 7-mile Bronx Harlem River Greenway which will connect from Van Cortlandt Park in Riverdale down to Randall’s Island in Port Morris once it’s completed.
Josue Sanchez, Senior Director, L+M Development Partners said, “The opening of the affordable housing lottery for Bronx Point brings us one step closer to welcoming families to this long-awaited, transformative development.”
Sanchez added, “Bronx Point is a first-class community-based housing development that brings some incredible amenities to the neighborhood – a new park and esplanade along the Harlem River waterfront, the future home of the world’s premier hip hop museum, dynamic retail spaces, and an educational early childhood center. We encourage everyone to apply and are looking forward to welcoming residents to Bronx Point later this year.”
Bronx Point is also located across from the Bronx Terminal Market and walking distance to the 2, 4, and 5 subways at 149th Street and Grand Concourse and directly adjacent to the 145th Street bridge into Harlem.
The rents, unit breakdown, and income requirements for Bronx Point are as follows:
- $465 a month for studios for households making $18,515-$32,040
- $591 a month for 1 bedroom units for households making $23,178-$36,030
- $700 a month for 2 bedroom units for households making $27,772-$43,230
- $800 a month for 3 bedroom units for households making $32,092 – $49,650
- $866 a month for studios for households making $32,263-$53,400
- $1,092 a month for 1 bedroom units for households making $40,355-$60,050
- $1,301 a month for 2 bedroom units for households making $48,378-$72,050
- $1494 a month for 3 bedroom units for households making $55,886-$82,750
- $1,466 a month for studios for households making $52,835-$85,440
- $1,842 a month for 1 bedroom units for households making $66,069-$96,080
- $2,201 a month for 2 bedroom units for households making $79,235-$115,280
- $2,534 a month for 3 bedroom units for households making $91,543-$132,400
- $2,166 a month for 1 bedroom units for households making $77,178-$144,120
- $2,892 a month for 2 bedroom units for households making $102,926-$172,920
- $3,332 a month for 3 bedroom units for households making $118,903-$198,600
Please note, for each unit, there are other requirements such as number of people per household and further income requirements based on household size so refer to the Housing Connect website for further details.
How to Apply
For those interested in applying, you have until June 30, 2023 and you can do so online or you can request an application by mail by sending a self-addressed envelope to:
Bronx Point Phase I
PO BOX 609001
Brooklyn, NY 11206
Remember, you can only apply ONCE and you may not apply both online and by mail. Applying more than once can and will disqualify you according to the lottery rules.
5% of units are set aside for individuals with mobility issues and 2% for those with vision and/or hearing impairments. 50% preference for residents of Community Board 4 (to see which community board you live in, click here), and 5% for New York City employees.
Also, please note: We are NOT connected with this or any other real estate developments and cannot assist you in obtaining an apartment so please do not contact us regarding these units.
Good luck to all who apply!